The plan shut down of Neoplan Ghana Limited on Friday January 31, 2020 has been stopped.
This follows a successful meeting between the management and the Minister of Trade and Industry, Alan Kyeremanten.
According to the Managing Director of Neoplan, George Nassar, the Trade Minsiter has asked management to hold on with its planned shutdown.
“We had a meeting with the Ministry of Trade and they are very concerned about what is happening and they wanted to find a way to fix issues. They are working to solve the issue and the Minister himself was concerned about the issue. So I strongly believe that they can assist us,” he told Citi FM.
Continuing, he said: “They asked us to wait for a while to see what we can do to solve the issue. Yesterday’s [January 28, 2020] meeting was very fruitful. The Ministry is doing a perfect job in terms of how to handle this matter”.
The management of Neoplan last week planned to shut down its operations on 31 January, 2020 due to recurring monthly losses and lack of support from government which is the majority shareholder, an internal memo revealed.
As part of the closure, all employment contracts with the company was going to be terminated by 31 January 2020.